Thank you for supporting local farms, we promise, you'll love it!
-The Roth Family
Ready To Bake Fruit Pies
Yes, it’s hard to wait, especially after you smell the delicious aroma of this pie when it’s baking. But for best results (and to be able to claim you made it yourself!) please follow our instructions carefully. *DO NOT DEFROST, keep this pie frozen until you’re ready to bake it*
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Grab your pie out of the freezer and remove the plastic wrap.
- Place the pie in an oven-safe ceramic or glass pie plate to make it easier to remove the hot pie when it’s done, or place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes. (Crust should be golden brown. If the crust is getting dark, you can cover with foil for the last 15 minutes or so) *Because we use all fresh raw ingredients and you’re not reheating an already baked pie, it’s important to bake the pie completely or there may be un-dissolved sugar or sugar lumps at the bottom of the pie. And when it is fully cooked, you allow all of the flavors and ingredients to blend to create the best tasting pie you’ve ever had.
- Carefully remove the pie from the oven. For the filling to set fully, allow the pie to cool for four to six hours. But if you can’t wait, two hours gives you a runny but yummy pie! (It’s perfect with ice cream!)
- *Convection oven: Bake for 55-65 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Ovens may vary. Adjust times and/or temperatures accordingly.
Oven-Free Cream Pies
Our oven-free cream pies are so rich and delightful because they’re made with real cream, real fruit, and no fillers or preservatives. So to have them be perfect for you, your family, and those special occasions, please follow our instructions carefully.
- Keep this pie frozen until you’re ready to serve it. (Isn’t it nice you can keep one in the freezer “just because”?) Once thawed, please keep it refrigerated and don’t refreeze or store it at room temperature.
- For best results, remove the plastic overwrap and then place the pie back in it’s box in the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Or you can thaw it at a cool room temperature (68 degrees F) for 5 to 6 hours. Be sure to serve it quickly after it’s thawed so you can taste the creamy perfections of flavors. (As if you could wait!)
- Can’t wait that long? Try out “Quick Thaw” for individual slices. Remove the frozen pie from the freezer, dip a sharp knife into hot water and slice out your pieces. Wipe the knife after each slice. Put your individual servings on a plate and let them thaw in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or (even faster) at cool room temperature (68 degrees F) for 90 minutes. Be sure to return any unused portion back to the freezer for storage or to the refrigerator to continue thawing.
When it’s an oven free, just let it be! Microwave is not recommended and these oven free pies should never be baked.
Our old-fashion cake batter style cobblers are made with real fruit, and no fillers or preservatives. So to have them be perfect for you, your family, and those special occasions, please follow our instructions carefully.
- DO NOT DEFROST! (Leave cobbler in freezer until oven is ready).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Get your cobbler from freezer, remove the plastic wrap and place it in the oven on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes (Edges should be crunchy and center should be golden brown).
- Carefully remove the cobbler from the oven, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!
*Convection ovens bake best at 300 degrees F for 55-65 minutes.
Our delicious little 4.25oz Hand Pies are made with real fruit, and no fillers or preservatives. So to have them be perfect for you, your family, and those special occasions, please follow our instructions carefully.
- DO NOT DEFROST! (Leave hand pies in freezer until oven is ready).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Get your hand pies from freezer, remove all packaging, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Remove from oven when crust is golden brown.
- Let cool *For best results, let your hand pies sit for an hour or so. The extra time let's all the flavors and textures develop so it's extra yummy.
OH! and a little ice cream on top never hurt anybody!
5in Mini Pies
Our delicious little 5in Mini Pies are made with real fruit, and no fillers or preservatives. So to have them be perfect for you, your family, and those special occasions, please follow our instructions carefully.
- DO NOT DEFROST! (Leave hand pies in freezer until oven is ready).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Get your mini pie from freezer, remove all packaging and plastic and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool *For best results, let your pie sit for 3-4 hours. The extra time let's all the flavors and textures develop so it's extra yummy.
OH! and a little ice cream on top never hurt any
Want to know a little about our Pies?Willamette Valley Pie Company hand-crafts each dessert with love and care. We use only the finest and freshest all natural ingredients that you can find in your own kitchen! All Butter crusts make for the most delicious and most 'Like Grandma's' pies! Each product share's full information from description, ingredients, and baking instructions - Check it out! Learn about products
Can I bake a Ready to Bake Pie that is thawed in the refrigerator?Our Ready to Bake Pies are designed to bake from a frozen state. In order to get the best quality product, we recommend that you do not allow the pie to thaw before baking.
Can I bake two pies at once?You can bake two pies at the same time. Simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. After that, reduce the heat and follow the regular baking instructions as listed on the pie box. Since ovens may vary, you may want to take a peek at the product during the last 15-20 minutes of the baking process. You may want to cover the edges with foil if you notice they are getting too brown.
How long can I keep a fresh baked pie, or cream pie?For best quality, we recommend using our fruit pies within 3 days, if kept at room temperature. Thawed cream pies should be kept in refrigeration and eaten within 4 days.
How many pies does your kitchen produce in an 8 hour shift?Generally we can make approximately 2,400 pies in a single shift.
How many pounds of fruit flow through The Berry Plant Each Summer?Weather and market conditions are big factors that determine how many pounds can be taken in, but nearly 20 million pounds of fruit gets cleaned and frozen here at our facility each summer.
What does IQF mean?IQF stands for Individually Quick Frozen. If you were to go pick berries and then put them in a bag in your freezer, they would all stick together. We have two special freezers that can freeze the berries instantly and individually making sure your frozen fruit is always free flowing.
How many local farm families grow berries for you?Roughly 30 local farm families supply us with the best berries in the world each harvest season! Most of these families reside within a 10 mile radius of our processing facility, which translates to super fresh berries!
Which fruits do you get from local farms? And Is it Organic?Rhubarb, Strawberries, Raspberries, Boysenberries, Marionberries, Blueberries, Cranberries and many varieties of blackberries including; Black Diamonds, Kotatas, Silvans, Evergreens and Chesters. We also purchase Peaches, Pie Cherries, Granny Smith Apples, Apricots, Mangoes and Bananas for use in some of our retail goods. Our fruit is not organic, but our berry plant is Food Alliance Certified, which verifies sustainability and responsible environmental practices. We not only value the health of our soil, plants and air, but the relationships we have with each farm family and employee who allow us to provide you with our delicious products. We take great pride in bringing the best from our land to your hands!
Do your farmers use pesticides on the fruit?They do use pesticides, however, it is rare to use pesticides that are applied directly on the fruit. Most all applications are used prior to the fruit being ready to harvest. One example is, a drench used in the soil around the roots to prevent root weevils from eating the plant’s roots causing the plant to die off slowly. When this occurs the plant’s production shuts down and the yields drop. All pesticide products used go through a very rigorous testing period that includes testing for trace elements of the product on the fruit or in the soil. Our berry plant monitors our growers’ application records to be sure only approved products are used and the application rates are correct. Our company and our growers stand united in keeping our fruit, the soil, plants and water all in balance with nature. In fact we bet our future and the next generation’s future on this claim.
Do you have any sugar free, gluten free or dairy free products?Yes! We have an American Apple Pie with no sugar added! It contains Maltitol as a sweetener. In addition, all of our fruits are simply frozen, with no sugar added, leaving you with just the good stuff. Our frozen fruit polybags, 10lb boxes of frozen fruit, jams, syrups are all gluten free! Just recently, we were able to eliminate butter from all of our double-crust pies making them dairy free, as well as our turnovers. Our frozen fruit polybags, 10lb boxes of frozen fruit fruits, jams, syrups are dairy free as well.
I would like to request information about placing an wedding order. Who should I contact?Please email all Wedding questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to request a donation from your company. Who should I contact?Please mail all donation request letters to the business office at: Willamette Valley Pie Company Attn: Donation Committee 2994 82nd Avenue NE Salem, OR 97305 OR Email: email@example.com
What is the WVPie story?Based in the Cane Berry Capitol of the World, Willamette Valley Pie Co starts with growing the best berries you can find on our own family farm! Family- owned and Farmer Operated means we take our time and work our hardest to give you the best dessert possible for your family! It's all about family here at WVPie, welcome to the family! Learn More
When will my order ship?Orders placed before 3pm will ship the following business day.