Ready To Bake Pies
Yes, it’s hard to wait, especially after you smell the delicious aroma of this pie when it’s baking. But for best results (and to be able to claim you made it yourself!) please follow our instructions carefully. DO NOT DEFROST, keep this pie frozen until you’re ready to bake it.
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 375 degrees F. Place the pie in an oven-safe ceramic or glass pie plate to make it easier to remove the hot pie when it’s done.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 90 to 105 minutes. Because we use all raw ingredients and you’re not reheating an already baked pie, it’s important to bake the pie completely or there may be un-dissolved sugar or sugar lumps at the bottom of the pie. And when it is fully cooked, you allow all of the flavors and ingredients to blend to create the best tasting pie you’ve ever had.
- If the crust becomes darker than you think it should be, cover it with foil for the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking. (Yes, we know you’re going to want to peek before it’s done!)
- Carefully remove the pie from the oven. For the filling to set fully, allow the pie to cool for four to six hours. But if you can’t wait, two hours gives you a runny but yummy pie! (It’s perfect with ice cream!)
Convection oven: Bake for 80 to 85 minutes at 330 degrees F. Ovens may vary. Adjust times and/or temperatures accordingly.
Oven Free Pies
Our oven-free cream pies are so rich and delightful because they’re made with real cream, real fruit, and no fillers or preservatives. So to have them be perfect for you, your family and those special occasions, please follow our instructions carefully.
- Keep this pie frozen until you’re ready to serve it. (Isn’t it nice you can keep one in the freezer “just because”?) Once thawed, please keep it refrigerated and don’t refreeze or store it at room temperature.
- For best results, remove the plastic overwrap and then place the pie back in it’s box in the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Or you can thaw it at a cool room temperature (68 degrees F) for 5 to 6 hours. Be sure to serve it quickly after it’s thawed so you can taste the creamy perfections of flavors. (As if you could wait!)
- Can’t wait that long? Try out “Quick Thaw” for individual slices. Remove the frozen pie from the freezer, dip a sharp knife into hot water and slice out your pieces. Wipe the knife after each slice. Put your individual servings on a plate and let them thaw in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or (even faster) at cool room temperature (68 degrees F) for 90 minutes. Be sure to return any unused portion back to the freezer for storage or to the refrigerator to continue thawing.
When it’s an oven free, just let it be! Microwave is not recommended and these oven free pies should never be baked.
Flaky, trans fat free crust folded over our all-natural fruit filling, conveniently sized for your hand…introducing our handheld pies! Perfect for those on the go or in need of a sweet treat. Topped with icing beside a scoop of ice cream, or just as they are, these pies are yet another way to enjoy a serving of locally grown berries and our delicious confections!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Do not thaw before baking.
2. Place handhelds on cookie sheet. Carefully poke small vent holes.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Ovens may vary. Adjust time and temperature accordingly.
Allow to cool. Suggestions: Wash, or drizzle with glaze.
Conventional Oven: Preheat to 350 degrees F. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Convection Oven: Preheat oven to 330 degrees F. Bake for 45-55 minutes
Ovens may vary. Adjust time and temperature accordingly.
Note: It’s important to bake the pie fully, or there may be undissolved sugar, or sugar lumps at the bottom of the pie.
It is normal for the pie to bubble. Allow to cool 3-4 hours